Thursday, April 18, 2019

Wish Upon A Star

Happy Thursday, Crafty Doodle Friends!  It's Jules again of Paper Gems by Jules with a crafty wish come true!  I love using a variety of items to make one card.  In this week's card, I used the Lawn Fawn "Upon a Star," My Favorite Things "Grassy Hills" Dienamics, Tim Holtz Distress Ink and white embossing powder.  Follow along to see how you can make a starry night on your next card.


I first started with a 4" x 5.25" piece of Bristol Smooth card stock.  First step was to line up all the stary stamps and sentiment. Before using Lawn Fawn Embossing Ink Pad, I brushed non-stick powder on the card stock.  Then I stamped the images using my Misti to ensure that all was stamped.  I then heat embossed clear embossing powder.  Because the paper is white, the clear embossing will mask the ink applied later.


I then applied four Distress Inks (Shaded Lilac, Blueprint Sketch, Chipped Sapphire and Black Soot), blending light to dark to make the sky.  I then found some scrap green and die cut it.  To add shadows, I used three Distress Inks (Mowed Lawn, Forest Moss and Black Soot).  Keeping the light source in the middle and leaving room for our furry foxes.


The foxes were stamped using Gina K Amalgam Ink in Jet Black onto Copic friendly paper and fussy cut out.  I colored both of them the same, leaving their tail tips white.  I also tried to keep the light source in the center of each of them, making their bottoms darker.


Putting it together from here was easy.  I added the grass and used Scrapbook Adhesive 3D Foam Squares behind the foxes for a little pop.  To ground the little furry characters, I used a grey Copic marker to sketch shadows under them in the grass.  To frame the entire image, I matted it on black card stock before adhering to the card base.  

Thank you so much for joining me in another week of Crafty Doodleness!  I hope you enjoyed. Below are some of the supplies used.  Use the links in the blog to find some at CraftyDoodleChick.com and MORE!

Until next time... Happy Crafting!



No comments:

Post a Comment