Saturday, April 6, 2019

Out of this World...

Hello, and Happy Friday!!!  It's Lisa here with all of you, and I have a fun out of this world card to share today.  I really wanted to use my new Hero Arts Dream Big Stamp Set, and since the Gold Gina K. Glitz Gel just happened to be sitting out I knew it was a perfect match! 

To create this card I started by stamping the boy with the planet balloons in his hand.  Next I masked both images and used a star stencil along with the Gold Glitz Gel for a starry sky.  Once the gel was dry (which took less time than I thought it would), I went over the background with a mix of Distress Oxide and Distress Inks.  Next, I removed the masks and colored in my images with my Spectrum Noir Markers.  I wanted to keep the card light and whimsical, so my coloring is just a hodge podge of colors.  Using a mini mister I splashed a few drops of water on the background and set it to the side.  In the mean time, I stamped my sentiment onto black cardstock with white ink.  Normally I would emboss my sentiment with white embossing powder, but I didn't want the sentiment to distract from the images so I kept the softer look by using white ink.  To finish my card I adhered my panel onto black cardstock and a white cardbase.


Make sure you pop into the store and check out all of the new products, including the newer Hero Art goodies like the stamp set I've used on my card today.  Thanks so much for stopping by!
Happy Crafting!
Lisa

Supplies Used:

https://craftydoodlechick.com/collections/hero-arts/products/dream-big-hero-arts-cm197  https://craftydoodlechick.com/products/gina-k-designs-glitz-glitter-gel-gold?variant=14616120229940 


2 comments:

  1. Such an amazing card Lisa! Love that gold glitter gel and the beautiful ethereal effect you created with the watercolored background is amazing!

    ReplyDelete