Thursday, April 4, 2019

Who's a Good Boy?

Happy Thursday!  It's Julissa of Paper Gems by Jules and I'm back again with another super cute dog card featuring Whimsy Stamps "Caution Dog Slobber."  I just love these cute muts!  


As you may have already figured out, I'm a huge dog lover and have two rescues of my own.  And I'm forever thankful for all the efforts of rescue organizations all over the world that help animals have a better life.  This stamp set is a great way to say thanks to some of the great people in your pet's life, like the vet, dog walker and even groomer! These are my two pups. 

(Oakley & Sandy Bear)
For this card, I opted for one of the silly sentiments making this a kind of "just because" card.  First, I cut down an A2 size piece of Bristol smooth cardstock.  I colored the background with Salty Ocean, Peacock Feathers and Twisted Citron Distress Oxides.  In case everything didn't blend perfectly, I like to splash a little water and maybe some color to break things up a bit.  I then took that colored piece and embossed it with a paw print embossing folder.  To have the raised images stand out, I gently sanded the top highlighting the images. 


Next, I colored this cute pup.  Since the background was so bright, I made pup grey.  I then added Morning Dew Nuvo drops onto his nose to give it more dimension.  What should we name him? ๐Ÿพ


Now to ground the image, I stamped the sentiment with Versamark onto black card stock and then used white embossing powder.  I took another scrap strip of Bristol smooth card stock and colored it using the Salty Ocean Distress Oxide.  And last, I pulled out some stripe scrap paper.  I layered them on top of each other and adhered them toward the bottom of the card.  For a little "extra", I pulled out some old colored staples and threw them in there in the lower right corner... they matched so, why not!


Layering this onto a slightly larger black card stock and finally onto a lime green card base, this card is done.  And because I love these stamps, I stamped the envelope with this fun sentiment.  How fun is that?!

Make sure to subscribe so you can get alerts for all the fun projects designed by Crafty Doodle Chick's design team.  Oh, and have you seen some of the new supplies in the shop?  From new stamps to glitter paste... there's lots to see!  Thanks so much for checking out this post and...

Happy Crafting!




7 comments: