Thursday, April 11, 2019

New Heights

Happy Thursday, Crafty Friends!  I'm back from an amazing vacation in Arizona.  It was my first time there and I loved every bit of it.  The only downfall was that I didn't spend any time crafting.  However, I did get time to appreciate a lot of Native American art.  From baskets to bookmarks, it was all so amazing.  I was inspired in many ways... and some of those projects are on the way.  But for today, I pulled out a little itty bitty stamp that I adore.  


This week I used the Santoro "No. 2: New Heights" stamp for my card.  To add a little whimsy, because she was standing on books, I opted to stamp her on printed paper.  When you choose to stamp on printed paper, keep in mind if you're coloring.  If you are looking to see skin tones, either use light colored paper or use colored pencils.  (The secret to adding color on a dark paper with colored pencils is to use white pencil as your base and then add your color.)

For this card, I colored her with copic markers.  Because the paper was thin, I opted to only blend with two different colors.  For her dress, I used a white gel pen to color in the dogs and highlights.  Once she was colored in, I distressed the right side of the paper, then using Distress Inks to color the wrinkles added a little more character to the paper.  It still didn't feel like enough, so I pulled out my Tim Holtz "Blossom Layering" stencil around the edge of the printed paper. 

Using Neat & Tangled's "Typed Sentiments" stamp set to add the sentiment.  I used white embossing powder on black card stock to make it bold on this grungy pastel print.  Once those were placed, I layered this piece onto another patterned scrap I had that held similar colors and used light olive twine to add a delicate bow. 

I hope you enjoyed this card and consider mixing and matching stamp sets and supplies. And please... share what you make on the Crafty Doodle Chick Chat & Create FaceBook page.

Below are the supplies I used that you can find at CraftyDoodleChick.com.

Thanks for stopping by and
Happy Crafting!!!


No comments:

Post a Comment