Saturday, April 27, 2019

Dream Big!

Hi everyone!  It's Julissa of Paper Gems by Jules here to share a beautiful card using a couple of different stamps from CraftyDoodleChick.com.  I'm sharing this today because I wanted to celebrate my 40th birthday with all of you.  When I started crafting, I just enjoyed making scrapbooks of my family trips.  Eventually my boys grew up and didn't want to take pictures, so I started making cards.  So now, I've been making cards for about 2 years and I love it.  This year, I made some life goals...








One was to become a design team member.  Crafty Doodle Chick has been a great place to start my dream.  The fun variety of stamps and creativity have been inspirational.  This weekend, I used a little stamp by Altenew called "Dream Big" and a sentiment stamp by Gina K. Designs', called "Scripty Sayings."  Sometimes just a little thing can make things big!

Because this stamp is little,  there's plenty of room to embellish, even on an A2 sized card.  For this card, I started by using a pink scalloped printed paper in a soft pink.  Because the paper was a light color, I was able to stamp on it like you might a plain piece of white paper.  I used my Tim Holtz' Nature's Elements stamp on the bottom.  Using second and third generation stamping, it made a subtle background.  To add a little more depth, I used a navy ink on the top edges to give the impression of a sky.  Last, I stamped the beautiful sentiment in Night of Navy of Stampin' Up. 


Finally, we get to the beautiful butterfly.  I first stamped it with Gina K. Black Amalgam ink.  The next layer was "Pretty In Pink" by Stampin' Up and last I used "Night of Navy" by Stampin' Up.  Using the matching die, I cut the stamped butterfly, but I also die cut three more to layer under this on and give it dimension when adhering it to the center of the card.  To add a little more, I tied some navy twine around the bottom portion of the card.  For the final step, I adhered my work to a pink A2 size card.Thank you so much for joining me today and on this crafty journey in life.  I am so blessed to have the time and ability to craft and my wish is that you do too!Happy crafting and remember to DREAM BIG!
 
 




1 comment:

  1. That is a beautiful, soft card. LOVE the butterfly, but I also love the soft pink...

    ReplyDelete