Thursday, March 14, 2019

Simply Thinking of You

Hi everyone!  This is Julissa of Paper Gems by Jules back again to share two colorful cards showcasing some Distress Ink Oxide blending combinations.  Both cards feature Neat & Tangled's "Just Thinking of You" stamp set and can be a background idea for any of your stamps!  Let's hop right into it...


Both cards started with Bristol Smooth paper and die cut to 4" x 5.25".  For the first card, I stamped the speech bubble, sentiment and the little bubbles using Gina K Amalgam Ink.  I then created a mask of the speech bubble and put that on top of the stamped image.  Using a combination of Twisted Citron, Peacock Feathers and Salty Ocean Oxide Inks, I gently layered the colors on the paper.  Starting with the lightest Twisted Citron on the bottom, I blended up to Peacock Feathers and then Salty Ocean.  Because they're oxides, they really blend sooooo well together.  It was only when I removed the mask, I realized the little bubbles had been colored over.  I used a water-brush pen to lift the oxide ink and lighten the bubble.  It worked well enough to correct my error.  For the final touch, I added some turquoise sequins.  Now that it is complete, I used some foam tape and adhered it to a lime green card base.  Pretty easy and so vibrant!  


For the second card, I opted to make it a little more fun by turning it into a shaker card.  First, I stamped a plain white piece of Bristol smooth paper and die cut it to 4" x 5.25".  Just like the first one, I stamped the speech bubble, sentiment and little bubbles.  However, this time I ran this piece through my brother scan and cut.  This allowed me to cut out the speech bubble without the die.  Then I colored the piece with Worn Lipstick, Picked Raspberry and Wilted Violet Oxide Inks.  (Side Note:  Boy do I love Oxide Inks!) Once the front is colored, I glued a piece of acetate to the back of the colored cardstock.  Using foam tape, I added two layers of foam tape creating a weird oval outside of the cute out speech bubble.  This allowed for me to drop some iridescent embellishments into the center to create a shaker.  I then adhered the stamped cutout speech bubble to a piece of white cardstock to adhere to the foam tape.  To keep the volume of the card, I added foam tape behind the colored card stock and adhered it to a hot pink card base.  

   
I absolutely love how these cards turned out.  With such a simple stamp can make some fun cards.  Can you think of someone that you'd love to send these cards to?!

I hope that this blog would inspire you to keep some cards simple and to try some new techniques with you stamps.  Thanks so much for reading along.

Happy Crafting!


No comments:

Post a Comment