Thursday, February 28, 2019

You're Beautiful!

Hi everyone!  It's Julissa of PaperGemsByJules.com back to share another fun and creative way to use your smaller stamps to build a background with dimension.  This week I took a creative note from Jennifer McGuire who used dimensional to add small die cut images in a pattern on her card.  I decided to make a background using small stamped images.  Follow along to see how you can make this fun background using any one of your smaller stamps.


For this card, I used my Hero Arts "You're Beautiful" stamp set because it has so many beautiful little florals.  In most cases, I would stamp these on the actual card stock, but this time, I stamped them all and used my Brother Scan & Cut to cut out all the individual images.

Next, I cut a piece of white and black card stocks in 3.25" x 4.5" size.  I stamped the sentiment off centered to add a little interest.  Then, I laid out the cut florals around the white paper.  But rather than just apply them, I took a photo of it and then flipped each one over to add Scrapbook Adhesive Thin 3D Foam Squares.  Some I had to cut to fit on the smaller pieces, but they work great.


For this first card, I backed the completed layout onto a black 4" x 5.25" piece of card stock and adhered this one to a light purple card base.


For the second card, I backed it on a purple card stock and adhered it to a white card base.  Same technique, but different look.  And all of these pieces were from stamping almost all the images twice, and I still had some left over!  Below are some close up shots of each card showing a better angle of how the foam squares give the images some dimension.



I hope you enjoyed this and possibly learned a fun new technique for you next Crafty Doodle Card!  Make sure to take pictures of your work and share them on the Crafty Doodle Chick Chat & Create Facebook page and when posting on Instagram, make sure to use #craftydoodlechick.

Until next time...
Happy Crafting!





No comments:

Post a Comment