Tuesday, January 15, 2019

Sweet Valentine

Hey, everyone! I'm so glad you're joining me here on the Crafty Doodle Chick blog.

Interactive cards are some of my favorite! Today I will be featuring Lawn Fawn products, including the Sweet Friends stamp and die combo, and the Scalloped Box Card Pop-Up die set.

 
The base for my Pop-Up card was cut out using Vanilla Malt cardstock from Lawn Fawn. The decorative panels come from three 6x6 pattern paper packs, also from Lawn Fawn: Really Rainbow (stripes), Knit Picky (knit pattern) and Knock on Wood (ground for the images). I chose my cardstock and pattern paper prior to coloring my images, so that I had a color combo in mind. That helps me choose coordinating shades for the stamped images.

For this card today, I chose to use the flan and the smores images from the Sweet Friends stamp set. I also used the ice cream from an older Lawn Fawn set, called "Treat Yourself". I added little faces and arms to all of my little treats. Those stamps are all included in the Sweet Friends stamp set, and can be used with any type of image. If you are thinking of adding these to your stash, I would highly recommend getting the stamp and die set as a combo. The dies will cut out the arms and legs just perfectly! Could you imagine cutting those out by hand?! This is one of those coordinating die sets that are really worth the investment :)


I chose to color the sweet treats using Tombow markers. In order to achieve a nice blending, I used Bristol smooth cardstock. The ink from the markers were blended out using a Wink of Stella shimmer pen. I love how this pen blends and all of the shimmer that is left on the paper.

Once the coloring was dry and I had all of the die cutting done, I moved on to assembling my box. I white heat embossed the sentiment on the front decorative panel. You want to be sure to stamp this before glueing it down to the box. 

I added three layers to the inside of the box - two being a wooden table top and the last one being a row of trees. I added some glittery die cut hearts to the back panel, using a heart die included in the Scalloped Box Card Pop-Up die set. I wish you could see the shimmer on the litle characters as well! You are definitely able to see it in real life.

Have you started your Valentine's cardmaking? I hope this pop-up card has inspired you!

Thanks for stopping by and I will see you next time,







1 comment: