Thursday, January 17, 2019

Let's be Mermaids!

Happy Thursday!  It's Julissa of Paper Gems by Jules back on the Crafty Doodle Chick Blog here to share another fun stamp set.  I was inspired by the amazing weather in Florida will on vacation and thought about the ocean.  "Let's Be Mermaids" stamp set by Whimsy Stamps makes you just want to dive in... so let's!


I started with a 5" x 7" inch piece of Yupo Paper and some alcohol inks.  If you haven't played with these, you'll get hooked!  It's amazing to see the ink swirl around and create an amazing oceanic scene.  Once I covered the paper and swirled it around as I liked, I let the ink sit on the paper for a bit and then used some turquoise foil sheet and laid it on the colored Yupo paper.  The sections where ink had piled up was still sticking and takes on the foiling color. 


I set that aside and started to stamp.  I stamped and colored the gorgeous mermaid, the cluster of seashells, and the ocean kelp.  I cut each of them out and put those to the side as well.  I'll be honest, I tried to use the Ranger alcohol lift ink with this, but I felt the letters were too intricate and the foiling prevented it from looking right (in my opinion), so I trimmed down the Yupo to 3.5" x 4.75" and opted to take some craft paper and make a sandy ocean floor.


I added the inked Yupo paper to the craft paper.  I then stamped on another craft scrap and tore the edge.  Next, I used distress ink to give the "seabed" a little more dimension. Last, I added this beautiful mermaid scene.  I used my favorite Scrapbook Adhesive 3-D foam squares behind the shells to add more dimension.


I absolutely love this stamp set.  There are so many ways to build a scene with this sweet mermaid.  I hope you add this to your collection and share what you've made on the Crafty Doodle Chick Chat & Create Facebook page.

Until next time... Happy Crafting!

Whimsy Stamps - Let's Be Mermaids


No comments:

Post a Comment