Tuesday, January 8, 2019

Sending Smiles Across the Miles

Hey, everyone! This is Milene here, all the way from Brazil.

I am currently visiting family and friends that still live in my home country. If you are like me and have loved ones that live far away, you know we always need "Miss You" cards. The La La Land Sending Smiles stamp set is perfect just for that!

My card today was totally inspired by the original packaging and its color combo. The blues and greens just go so well with the "world" theme of this project. I had this idea in mind to create a Pivot Pop-Up card and this stamp set. This Lawn Fawn die set is one of those that I highly recommend. I use it all the time, for any type of occasion. It adds such a nice element of surprise to any card!

To make this project a little quicker, I used some Lawn Fawn pattern paper (Knit Picky, Knock On Wood and Gotta Have Gingham). I chose my papers prior to coloring, so that my markers would match the color combo. I stamped the cute bears from the Sending Smiles stamp set and colored them in using Tombow markers. I have been using Tombow markers a lot lately because they are so quick and easy to transport.


The Pivot Pop-Up element was created using the MFT Cloud stencil and Tombow Glass Distress Oxide Ink. You could also use the Newton's Nook Cloudy Sky stencil. If you need help assembling the Pivot Pop-Up die cuts, head over here to watch Lawn Fawn's tutorial. I still go back to this video over and over again when assembling this die set.


Aseembling this card was very quick and easy. I chose to have one of my bears along with the main sentiment on the card front. I also added a "Postage" border to finish it off.
On the inside, I created a little scene with the two remaining bears, a blue sky and a grassy green hill. I die cut some Simple Puffy Clouds from Lawn Fawn and added a white rectangle for a short message. The "Miss You" sentiment comes from a retired MFT stamp set. The A Tweet Hello stamp set, also from MFT, has a nice "miss you" sentiment, if you are looking for one.


I hope this card has inspired you to create a Pivot Pop-Up card. I am sure your friends and family from far away would love the surprise!

Thanks for stopping by and I will see you next time,








2 comments:

  1. This card is adorable on so many levels! I love the paper and color choices and the interactive part is just so fun!!! Great card!

    ReplyDelete