Thursday, January 10, 2019

Enjoy the City Scene!

Hi Crafty Doodle Friends!  It's Jules of Paper Gems by Jules back to share a fun way to "Enjoy the City Scene" using two fantastic brands.  Altenew has this great "City Scene" stencil with two different landscapes.  Honey Bee Stamps also has this great "Enjoy" sentiment stamp set with many words that you can mix and match.  Here are two different ways to use these two great sets, both found at CraftyDoodleChick.com


Working with stencils is a great way to build a one layered card.  This Altenew stencil is so easy to work with.  I first used washi tape to hold down my Bristol Smooth card stock.  I then laid the stencil where I wanted it and taped that down as well.  I used the lighter color first.  I used Faded Jeans Distress Oxide in the first card and Worn Lipstick Distress Oxide in the second card.


Without moving my card stock, I gently removed the stencil and flipped it around to use the other city landscape.  I taped it down slightly lower so that the landscapes did not completely overlap.  For this second layer, I used Black Soot Distress Oxide ink on both cards.

Because oxide inks tend to stay wet a little longer, I used my heat gun on both cards to dry off the ink before stamping with Honey Bee's Enjoy Stamps.  Each card had a different message.  For the blue card, I had a child going to college in a new city and wishing them well.  I stamped Enjoy in black and white embossed "every" and "moment" on black card stock.  Trimming them down and popping them up with Scrapbook Adhesives 3-D Foam Squares.  For the pink card, I thought of a friend who had moved away and wanted them to know they were in my thoughts.  I used the same techniques here, but I did add some flicks of watered down Black Soot Distress Oxide ink and a small white heart sequin.


Both cards are great examples of how versatile these two sets are and how fun it is to mix brands.  I hope you found this post helpful in making your next card!  Make sure to leave us comments on what you'd like to see more of and don't forget to share some of your creations on our Crafty Doodle Chick Chat & Create Facebook Page!!

Until next time... Happy Crafting!

Products used:  Altenew "City Scene" Stencil, Honey Bee "Enjoy" Stamp Set, Scrapbook Adhesive 3-D Foam Squares


No comments:

Post a Comment