Tuesday, January 1, 2019

Howdy!

Howdy, everyone! Happy New Year!!

This is Milene here - welcome to the Crafty Doodle Chick blog! I have a masculine card to share with you today, featuring the Best in the West stamp and die set combo from MFT.

I love creating scene cards and this is the perfect stamp set to do so. I stamped every image from the set on Bristol smooth cardstock, using Versafine ink. After the ink was dry, I used Tombow markers and a Wink of Stella pen to color the images. I was not able to use them all on this card, so I saved the remaining images for a future project. On the close up photo below you are able to see the shimmer from the Wink of Stella pen!

To create the scene, I used a hill border die as well as a grassy hill border die, both from MFT. The lasso on his hand and the little fence are from the coordinating die set from the Best in the West stamp set. I highly recommend getting this specific set as a combo. The dies not only allow you to cut out the stamped images, but also give you two extra "stand alone" dies. For my card today I die cut the lasso and the fence out of the same Bristol Smooth cardstock and used Tombow markers to color them, as well.

.
I wanted the background to be very subtle and soft, to allow the coloring to be the focus. I decided to use the Whimsy Stamps Gingham Background on a light gray cardstock. I used my MISTI to stamp the background stamp several times, using Versamark ink. I really love the tone on tone look of this watermark ink.

To finish off my scene, I cut out a few Lawn Fawn Simple Puffy Clouds in white cardstock. I added two smaller clouds to the right of the card, and a cluster of clouds to the left. When choosing a placement for your images, keep the "rule of thirds" in mind. Placing your images in odd number will help you achieve a harmonious look for your scenes.

Lately, I have been obsessed with having a white border around my focal panel, so that is what I did today. I trimmed the scene piece that I created and added it to the card base, using dimensional foam tape. I stamped a few images to the inside of my card and called that done!

Thank you so much for stopping by today. I hope we all have a fabulous and crafty 2019!

See you next week,












No comments:

Post a Comment