Thursday, January 3, 2019

Hi There, Panda!

Happy New Year, Crafty Doodle Friends!  It's Julissa of Paper Gems by Jules and I'm starting the new year with a little hello 👋 using Flora & Fauna's Panda stamp set.  The second I saw this set, I had a couple of ideas and here's one that I think you'll enjoy.


For this card, I started with a 4" x 5.25" white brisol smooth paper.  Using distress inks, I lightly colored the sky using less ink as I got to the lower 2/3 of the card.  I then used a light green distress for the lower 1/3 of the card, leaving a little white in the center.  I then stamped the car and panda head in the white section.  Being a panda, I only used a little light grey to give him some depth and gave him rosy cheeks.


From there, I stamped the branch image twice as is, and once using the mirroring technique.  (CLICK HERE to see Jennifer McGuire's video sharing mirroring techniques.)  I cut all three images out and a little butterfly from the stamp set out.  I then created a canopy around the car using Scrapbook Adhesive 3-D foam squares.  I love this little scene!


Finally, I added a simple sentiment from the stamp set and used another foam square under the butterfly.  With a little Wink of Stella on the butterfly and panda's nose, this card was complete.  But as an added bonus, I stamped another panda from the stamp set onto the envelope for added cuteness!


Thanks again for joining me and please make sure to comment with any thoughts and/or questions you have.  Until next time... Happy Crafting!

These were the supplies used in this blog post.

No comments:

Post a Comment