Saturday, December 29, 2018

Funny Food Valentines

Hi crafty friends!  I hope you all had a wonderful holiday so far!  Mine has been great, I love being home with the kids and getting to do things together.  It's Lisa here with you today, and I'm going to switch gears from one holiday to the next.  Valentines day is probably my second most favorite holiday to make cards for, and it's probably the second biggest holiday in which people receive cards, so it's time to get cracking if you haven't given it a thought yet.  I decided to give my cards a funny spin with the Love Bites Stamp Set by Newton's Nook Designs...


These guys crack me up!  Plus I know my kids will love seeing them in their lunch boxes.  The best part of all?  It only took about 20 minutes to make all three!  These are each measuring at 4 1/4 x 4 1/4".  I then trimmed one sheet of patterned paper and played them at various angles.  For the dotty hearts I used my Altenew Feeling Dotty Stencil, a few Distress Oxide Inks, and a heart die.  

Now the stars of these cards were stamped onto Bristol Cardstock, and watercolored with Zig Clean Color Markers and a water brush.  Once all of them were dry I fussy cut them out and adhered them to the fronts of the cards with foam adhesive.  I did the same for the matching sentiments.

And ta-da!  Three super cute and fun Valentines ready and done...




Thanks so much for stopping by to visit today, and make sure you check out the AH-MAZING Clearance Sale going on in the store right now!!!  

Happy New Year and Crafting!
Lisa

1 comment:

  1. Hello! !
    Today 31st is New Year's Eve in Japan.
    New Year’s Eve is called “Oomisoka” in Japanese.
    We eat soba noodles called “toshikoshi soba” (year-crossing soba) to wish for a long lasting life. On New Year’s Eve, soba noodle shops are crowded with many people from morning till night.
    Also, a major house cleaning is done by the whole family. This major house cleaning is thought as a ritual to give a pleasant welcome to God on New Year’s Day.
    At night time, many people get together at countdown events.Others stay at home and watch television programs. The most well known one is the “Kouhaku Utagassen”, an annual singing contest.
    At Buddhist temples, huge bells are hit 108 times during midnight to get rid of all evil desires.
    Ryoma.

    ReplyDelete