Thursday, December 27, 2018

A Grateful Heart

Hi Crafty Doodle Friends!  It's Julissa from Paper Gems by Jules again with a new simple card to share with you.

The new year is fast approaching and it is a perfect time to reflect on the years past and show gratitude for the highs and lows as they have led us to this great day!  I wanted to share this card today because I love the quote by Catherine Pooler Designs in the "Grateful Heart" stamp set.  

"A grateful heart is a magnet for miracles."


For this card, I started with a wood printed paper and used VersaMark to emboss this beautiful sentiment in a champagne embossing powder.  After heating that and letting it settle, I moved onto stamping the largest flower on white cardstock.


I opted to use the same embossing powder for the floral stamp.  I colored the flowers in shades of pink and the leaves in greens.  The champagne embossing powder gives it an added element of shine.


Keeping the card simple, I trimmed the edge of the wood design paper to give it a look of a pennant.  Layering a similar pink cardstock to the card base, then added a distressed denim card stock, I finally laid the wooden design paper.  For added dimension, I used Scrapbook Adhesive 3-D foam squares under the flower and leaves.  

I hope you enjoyed this card and are inspired to make something beautiful to share on Crafty Doodle Chick Chat & Create Facebook Page.

Until next time... Happy Crafting & Happy New Year!

Items used in this week's blog post.



4 comments:

  1. I am so greatful for my Savior my family and first granddaughtet.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Congratulations on your granddaughter! Wishing you and your family a wonderful new year!

      Delete
  2. Soon after Christmas, Japanese people start preparing for the year-end and New Year’s events.
    Compared to Christmas, many of these events are based on Japanese tradition and are deeply related to religion.
    The end-of-year party is called “bonenkai” in Japanese. “Bonen” means to forget (the worries of) the past year.
    People are busy with events on New Year’s Eve.

    ReplyDelete