Tuesday, December 25, 2018

Coffeesaurus Christmas

Merry Christmas, crafty friends!
I am so happy to have you joining me on the CDC blog! This is Milene here.

I really enjoy creating holiday cards using non-holiday stamps. Today I customized my Coffeesaurus stamp set by Gerda Steiner Designs for a Christmas look. Now, I am not very good at hand drawing. However, adding a scarf to your images is just about the easiest thing you could do! I used a fine line black Sharpie to quickly add some lines. If you get it a little wonky, do not worry! Add some patterns to your design and it will look just fine.



I colored my dinosaur using Tombow markers and a Wink of Stella shimmer pen. The colors I used matched the pattern paper I chose for this card. I went for a very Christmasy palette today. I created a few layers to my card using using pattern paper and vellum. I used the A2 scalloped frame dies by Honey Bee stamps for a special touch - A7 available in the store



My sentiment was white heat embossed with a combination of two stamp sets. I used the Coffeesaurus and also a Lawn Fawn set I had in my stash. You could use the "Merry Christmas" from Holiday Helpers, or whatever you have in your stash.

To make my dinosaur even more fun, I popped him up on an action wobble. He looks awesome moving around! I added a few red sequins and that was it.

Once again, thanks so much for joining me today.

Merry Christmas to you and yours!

See you next time,




No comments:

Post a Comment