Friday, December 7, 2018

A Fun and Bright Merry Christmas

Hello everyone!  It's Lisa here and I'm so happy to be back on the Crafty Doodle blog today.  Christmas is in full swing in my neck of the woods, and I couldn't help but have some fun creating a bright and fun Christmas card to share with all of you...


I'm not going to lie, I tend to be a tried and true traditional colors kind of gal when it comes to making Christmas cards, but this card was so fun to mix and match.  To create this card I started by going over the Altenew Feeling Dotty Stencil with Picked Raspberry Distress Oxide, and then adding a second layer with the same stencil and Nuvo Glimmer Paste.  Once this panel was dry I diecut a few triangles with the My Favorite Things Triangle STAX die set.  I then stamped my sentiment and embossed it in white.  To add some dimension I adhered the trees and sentiment with foam adhesive and layered it onto my dotted panel, as well as some gold thread and rhinestones.  Everything was adhered to a strip of black cardstock and finally onto a blue cardbase.


Thanks so much for stopping by to check out my fun card today.  I hope I've inspired you to maybe step out of your comfort zone and try something different, it's always fun to just play with various products in new ways.  And don't forget to check out the store as they are celebrating 12 days of Christmas with discounts for all of you!

Happy Crafting!
Lisa

Supplies Used:
  
  


No comments:

Post a Comment