Tuesday, December 11, 2018

Panda-Monium

Hello, friends! Welcome to the Crafty Doodle Chick blog!

This is Milene and I am so happy to have you here.

We all know how busy life gets around this time of the year. We are all trying to finish those holiday cards! Although I am not quite done with mine, I took a break this week to create a birthday/celebration card. I didn't have much time, so I decided to use a stamp set that wouldn't require a lot of coloring. What's quicker to color than cute little pandas?! The Newton's Nook Playful Pandas stamp set was just perfect.

I stamped all of the pandas from the stamp set on smooth white cardstock. I used Versafine ink, but later on decided to use Copic markers for a little shading. I did very simple shading and was careful not to drag my marker over the ink. I don't own very many Copics, so I just used what I had. I cut out my images using my Scan n Cut machine.

For the background, I used a few Distress Oxide inks. I chose Squeezed Lemonade, Twisted Citron and Cracked Pistachio. I ink blended the three colors on Bristol smooth cardstock. I added splatters of clean clear water to add some interest, as well as white and green. 

It is much more visible in real life, but I did stamp balloons all over the background. I used Versamark ink for a subtle watermark look. To make them stand out more, I did go over the balloons with a Wink of Stella pen. I finished off the background by stamping the sentiment in the same Versafine ink.

I trimmed my ink blended panel to have a 1/2 inch border in all four sides. This is an A2 card that measures 4.25 in x 5.5 in. I popped up the whole panel with foam tape. Some of my pandas were glued down flat, and some were added on foam tape as well.

Now, what is your favorite quick and easy stamp set to color?!
Let me know in the comments below!

I hope you all have a great day and I will see you next time,











No comments:

Post a Comment