Friday, October 26, 2018

You Make the World a Nicer Place

Hello and TGIF crafty friends!  Lisa here with an easy and shiny card to brighten up your Friday!  If you've seen my posts before you know that I am a stencil lover for sure.  My favorite thing about stencils is that they are fantastic and easy to use to create awesome backgrounds, and today's background is no different.  Thanks to the City Scene Stencil by Altenew my card almost made itself...



To create my card I started by adhering the stencil of the city scene I chose along the bottom of my card with washi tape.  Tip: If you are creating a one layer card as I did make sure you make your washi a little less sticky by putting it on a piece of clothing and taking it off once or twice so that you don't run the risk of it pulling off any of your paper when you are taking the stencil off.  I then went over the open area with my Versafine Inkpad, removed the stencil and added glittery black embossing powder.  Once the image was heat set I went to work creating a night time sky with various Distress Oxide Inks. Since my image was embossed it resisted any ink I placed over top of it, so I could go as quickly and messily as I wanted.  The sentiment I chose is from the Thankful Thoughts Set by Newton's Nook, and I decided to emboss it with a glittery embossing powder as well.  I then finished the card with a few splashes of stars created with a gold spray mist.





Thanks so much for stopping by today!  And don't forget to share your works of art in our Crafty Doodle Chick Facebook Group!
Happy Crafting!
Lisa

Supplies Used:

    

2 comments: