Tuesday, October 30, 2018

Rub a Dub Mini Pop Up Box

Hi friends, it's Milene!

I'm so happy to have you here today.

I'm back with another interactive card tutorial to share with you. This time we will be creating a baby card! I needed a neutral color card for a friend that is expecting, so I pulled out some Lawn Fawn products.



The Mini Pop Up Box die is awesome! It allows you to create a tiny little box that will pop up as you open the card. This die set is great because it includes many "add-on elements". You have hearts, stars, and even a banner die! The interactive box is incredibly easy to assemble, too. 

For today's card, I decided to use the Rub-a-Dub-Dub stamp set. I chose pattern papers from Lawn Fawn and Reverse Confetti. My color combo included teal, red, gray and yellow.

 I stamped all of the images from the set on smooth white cardstock, using Gina K's Amalgam Ink. I then colored them in with Prismacolor pencils, and used Gamsol to blend in the colors. The stamped images were cut out using an electronic die cutting machine.

The gingham pattern you see on the outside of the little box was stamped using the Gingham Background stamp, from Whimsy Stamps.


Die cutting and paper trimming was next. I chose a soft craft cardstock for the mini box, as well as the inside tabs. I cut out all of my pattern paper and two white die cut circles: one for the inside of the card and one for the card front. I used the banner die from the same Mini Pop Up Box to create the initial sentiment, that was heat embossed in white.


Once I had all of the pieces cut out, assembling the card was very easy. I started out by glueing my pattern paper and assembling the mini pop up box. I white heat embossed the largest bubble image on vellum, to be added to the inside of the box. I wanted the mama duck to be bathing in the cardboard box with her duckling! Yes, I realize that would create a big mess in real life, but anything is possible on a baby card! :)


Decorating this card was the best part. I glued my ducks and their accessories in place, and added some final touches. I had a little heart die in my stash, and I used that on the card front and around the mini box on the inside. I added some embellishments to the bubbles, hearts and accessories. The embellishments included Nuvo Glitter Accents and Glossy Accents.



That's it! If you would like to see a video of this card in action, head on over to my Instagram. I will be sharing a short video on my stories!

 I hope you give the Mini Pop Up Box a try. It is so much fun!

I will see you next time,








No comments:

Post a Comment