Wednesday, October 17, 2018

Must Love Dogs

Must Love Dogs!



Hey everyone! 👋 I'm Julissa from Paper Gems By Jules and I'm so excited to share my first post here on the Crafty Doodle Chick blog.  Today I chose to showcase Stamping Bella's Tiny Townie Daphne and Her Dogs Stamp Set with a little dimension. Keep reading for more details.


My first step was to stamp the image four times on Bristol smooth paper.  I only needed three, but figured I'd make a spare, just in case I made a mistake.  From there, I decided where I would cut each layer.  The large tall dog would be the base layer, so I colored just that dog in the background and left the rest white. Then I moved onto the second stamped image and colored Daphne and her the two short-haired dogs (as seen below) leaving the other images white. For the top layer, I only colored the shaggy dog in front.



Once each layer was colored, I then fussy cut the base layer keeping the entire image intact.  Next, I cut the second colored image cutting out the large dog in the background. And lastly, I cut out the colored shaggy dog from the third stamped image.

Now to put it all together!  Using thin dimensional adhesives, I layered the images to create depth to this image, without too much bulk.  Using some patterned paper cut at 4" x 5.25" to fit perfectly on an A2 size card, I used some distress ink to create a vignette. To add more interest, I used that same distress ink to splatter the background.  I stamped the sentiment and then added a strip of 0.75" x 5.25 navy paper to create a floor in the image.  By using a dark marker under the image, I created a shadow, grounding the image to the card.  


This technique allows you to create depth on any card without too much bulk.  I hope this post has inspired you to look at some of your stamps in a differently and create something new and amazing!

Thanks so much for joining me on this first blog and stay tuned to the Crafty Doodle Chick Blog to find more inspiration from the Crafty Doodle Design Team.

Happy Crafting!!




1 comment:

  1. This card is absolutely beautiful. Congratulations on your first blog on this site. I can’t wait to see more of your ideas on here. I like your cards that you have done on your Instagram.

    ReplyDelete