Friday, October 19, 2018

Framed with Leaves

Hi friends!  It's Lisa with you today, and I'm so excited as it is finally looking like Fall here in Ohio yay!!!  I love when the leaves start to change and I can walk around in a sweatshirt!  When it was time for me to get crafty the weather was all of the influence I needed to get my watercoloring on with this beauty...


Mini stamps are awesome for lots of reasons: 1) They look less intimidating, 2) Their smaller images make great background and borders, and 3) They can be just as versatile as any regular size set but with a smaller price tag woot woot!  This set called Beautiful Autumn by Sunny Studio Stamps is a perfect example of a great mini set to have in your stash.

To create my card I started by stamping the three images in the set all around the outer edge of a piece of watercolor cardstock with Waterproof ink.  Next, I went in with a mix of watercolors from my Gansai Tambi Watercolor Set and used loose watercoloring to paint the colors onto it.  I also added some gold splashes onto it for some extra shine.  I then diecut the center and stamped my sentiment in the middle in a brown ink.


I hope I've inspired you to give the mini sets a second look... some of my favorites include: Skeleton Leaves by Gina K., Winter Penguin by Lawn Fawn, Merry and Bright by Penny Black.

Thanks so much for stopping by!
Lisa


No comments:

Post a Comment