Thursday, March 1, 2018

Neat & Tangled I Love You

Hello, y'all! It's Siqi here today with a card that has a very soft look to it that I made for my mother-in-law for her birthday. I really love card making but making a card for her just makes me extra excited. She and I have a lot of common interests and hobbies. Not too long after I started card making, I was able to get her to join me. As now we live far away, I enjoy sending her cards once awhile to tell her how much we miss and love her. So today's card is very special in my heart and I hope this will brighten her day when she gets it.



For today’s card, I simply used some post it tape to mask off some strips directly on my top-folding A2 size note card and did some ink-blending with two different shades of light gray color diagonally in two directions.

Then I white heat-embossed the heart shaped wreath image from Neat & Tangled Floral Heart stamp set on a piece of vellum and then used the coordinating die to die cut it out. 



To color my image, I used colored pencils to color in my image on the back side of the vellum piece. I then adhere the vellum piece down onto my card base. I stamped the sentiment “I Love You” from the same Neat & Tangled Floral Heart stamp set with some black ink in the center of the floral wreath. I then added some clear sparkling sequins for embellishment. 

I don’t usually go with this kind of SOFT look with card making but when I first saw this cute stamp set, this is the card design that popped up in my head and I really like to use some soft neutral color to be the background of a colorful focal point. 

Thank you for joining me today. Below I have all the main products I used listed. You can find them at Crafty Doodle Chick online store. And don't forget to subscribe to the newsletters to receive promotions, sales, pre-orders, etc. I will see you again next week. Happy Crafting!

Neat & Tangled Floral Heart stamp set

Neat & Tangled Floral Heart die set

1 comment: