Friday, March 2, 2018

An Inside Surprise

Hello, hello!  It's Friday and that means it's my turn, Lisa, back on the blog! Woot woot!  Today's card is so fun I literally felt like a kid in a candy store while making it.  Now from the first look of this project your going to think, Lisa, really???  How boring can you get?




Wait for it.... wait for it...




Sha-blam!  The inside makes that boring card front so worth it!  I wanted the recipient to be a little surprised when they see a plain front, and find an exploding inside.  Now, I know that when you get the card you do feel that it is bulky from the outside, but they have no idea why it's bulky hence the sudden burst of fun color.

For this card I've used a fun mix of Altenew and Lawn Fawn goodies.  I started by stamping the lights and sentiment on the front of my card from the Altenew Be Strong Stamp Set.  Since I had already planned to use the Lawn Fawn Pivot Pop-up Cuts on the inside, I kept the front very plain and only a hint of color is seen on the party lights.  I then added more attention to this pop up by going with a bright rainbow color scene with the Lawn Fawn Really Rainbow Petite Paper Pack 6 x 6.  I also added some glitz to my desert sand by using glitter cardstock on the hill cut.  Finally I stamped, colored, and adhered these fun cacti from the same Altenew set that I had used earlier.  The white sentiment on the black paper and the sentiment on the inside lower right corner are from one of my all time favorite Altenew sets: Beautiful Quotes.  The sentiments in this set simply make me happy.



Thanks so much for hanging out with me today, and I hope you'll get a chance to swing by the store to see the new goodies that are constantly being added.  Did someone mention super cute Spring Critters?

Happy Crafting/Shopping hehehe!
Lisa

Supplies Used:
      
   

3 comments:

  1. Lisa this is FABULOUS!! Love the inside :) All the color and details!! Really Fabulous!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Fabulous card! Love the colors and details! The card looks like fun to make too!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Such a cool pop up card Lisa! Love how clean and simple the front of the card is too!

    ReplyDelete