Friday, January 26, 2018

Surprise Hug Postcard

Hello, hello!  It's Lisa here today, and whew!  Hasn't this past week just been a whirlwind of fun and excitement with all of the Creativation photos and new products?!  Check out the store instagram page with a  few photos taken by the owner Jennifer herself!  Any who, now that it's time to get back to normal and share some new crafty love with all of you.  Today I have created a watercolor postcard  using the super sweet Hush Little Bunny Gorjuss Girl Stamp Set, my Distress Markers and Strathmore Watercolor Postcards...


Did I mention, that these sweet girls are less than $3 a piece in the store right now and on SALE???  You're welcome! :)  To create my postcard I started by masking off the edges with washi tape.  Things to keep in mind when doing this: 1) Make sure it isn't super sticky tape or it will take off a little of the top layer of your paper, 2) Make sure it is down flat on your paper so that drops of the watercolor can't get underneath it.  Once it was taped off I stamped this sweet girl image with Versafine Ink, and then colored her in with various Distress Markers, by coloring the marker onto an acrylic block and using a wet brush to pick the color up and drop it on.  Once she was dry I added layers of background color in the same way.  Finally, once the whole thing was dry I removed my washi tape, stamped the sentiment and a few hearts.



I kept this project a one layer, but still created dimension through use of masking.  I hope I've inspired you on a new way to use these lovely girls as the star of your projects.
Happy Crafting!
Lisa

Supplies Used:

*Update: I apologize the specific girl I've used is currently sold out, but there are many more that need some stamp love and are just as cute!  Check them all out!

3 comments: