Saturday, January 20, 2018

One Layer Wonder with Dreamerland Crafts

Hey, everyone! It's Kevin back again for a sweet one layered card to share with you. But before I get started, check out this SALE that is happening over at the Crafty Doodle Chick store!



While Jen is over in the winter-free state of Arizona enjoying herself at Creativation, we get to enjoy 18% off everything in the shop! How cool is that?

Now let's get to ( I think) my first one layered card EVER! I usually love popping up images or sentiments or using layers in some way, but for this scene I thought it would be fun to see if I could make it a one layered card. Check it out-



I started by stamping the Sweet Moments image from Dreamerland Crafts with a Copic friendly ink on a white card base. Then I started coloring! I used blends of 3 markers in most areas and tried to use a more muted color palette with a few neutrals mixed in. Then I added the road and grass with Copics as well and did some Distress Inking for the background with a cloud stencil. Finally, a sentiment from my stash made its way to the card.

I hope you guys found some sort of inspiration today and maybe try to find a way to create a one layer wonder yourself! If you do, make sure to hashtag #craftydoodlechick and tag the store or myself- kevinbray10 - on Instagram!

Have a great weekend everyone!

1 comment: