Thursday, March 28, 2019

Adopt! Don't Shop!

Happy Thursday, everyone!  Thanks for joining me, Julissa of Paper Gems by Jules, for another fun stamping blog post.  Now this one is very near and dear to my heart.  I'm a huge animal lover.  As a young girl, I would sing to the birds, feed the squires and whisper secrets to my dog.  I loved all the animals in the yard.  As a young adult, I rented an apartment that was pet friendly because, although I knew I could not afford nor had the time to take care of my own pet, I offered to pet sit for others... just to have time with animals.  So when I saw this adorable Whimsy Stamp set called "Adopt, Don't Shop - Dogs," I knew I had to have it!!


For my first card, I colored all the pups in a grey scale using my toner grey set of Copic markers.  I liked the idea of a bunch of different dogs that all could be cousins.  I don't know why; just thought it'd be fun.  Well, since these dogs were grey... the background had to be much more fun!  Using the Neat & Tangled "Balloon Duo" stencil, I used three Distress Oxide Inks to make a fun balloon covered scene. 
Colors were:  Twisted Citron, Peacock Feathers and Fossilized Amber.  By using Distress Oxide Inks, it allows the top color to cover the layer below making it look like real balloons that you can partially see through.  I then splattered a little of the peacock feathers ink on the background to add a little more interest.


Once dry, I stamped on of the many fun sentiments, cut my pups out using my Brother Scan & Cut, popped the image up and added it to the card.  Threw in some fun sequins and now it's a PARTY!
A Puppy Party!!!


For my next card, I took these pups for a walk in the city.  Using a city die from my stash, I die cut the background using grey paper.  To add a little more depth, I shaded the top part of the houses with black ink giving it a ombre effect.  This time I colored the pups in various neutral colors, cut them out and once again popped them up on the card.  Adding another cute sentiment, this card was done!


Another fun idea is to cut out some of the dogs that are in the front of the scene and you can make individual cards or scenes with them.  There are just so many ways to enjoy these adorable puppies!

Thanks so much for joining me this week.  If you love dogs and or cats, check out these new Whimsy Stamps "Adopt Don't Shop" stamp series as they are just too cute to pass up!  And remember... Adopt! Don't shop!

Yappy Crafting!



No comments:

Post a Comment