Thursday, February 14, 2019

Sending Valentine Hedgehugs!

Hey everyone, it's Julissa from Paper Gems by Jules sharing this cute little card, just in time for Valentine's Day!  This card features the adorable Lawn Fawn's Hedgehugs falling in love.  Follow along to see how you can take these little stamps and fill an entire card up.


When I first saw this stamp set, I thought, how cute would be it be to have a bunch of regular hedgehogs, but these two found each other.  So I added both clear stamps to one acrylic blog to stamp them consistently.  To make the main ones stand out, I stamped them in Gina K Amalgam ink.  I cleaned that off and then used Catherine Pooler's Sand Castle ink to repeatedly stamp the hedgehog couple around them.


Using Spectrum Noir alcohol markers, I flicked shades of brown in the "hair" of the hedgehog.  Leaving white space gives it a little more depth.  I then colored the body in two shades of light brown.  You almost don't see the little pink in the female hedgehogs cheek, but she is blushing.  I colored in the heart with red, but added a little red Stickles to show some more love.  Lastly, I added a super light beige under their feet to ground them on the card.


I trimmed the image using one of Lawn Fawn's stitched rectangular dies.  I adhered the stamped paper onto craft paper only a 1/4" larger than the white paper.  From there, I used one of the scrap of the craft paper and some black scrap paper to stamp and emboss the sentiment.  After adding those to pieces under the cute couple, I finished it by gluing it down to a red card base.  How fun is this?

Now keep this technique in mind when you have small stamps that you're not sure how to use on an A2 size card.  Thanks so much for taking the time to read about this card and if you have any requests, please post below what you'd like to see more of.

Until next time...
Happy Valentine's Day
and
Happy Crafting!



No comments:

Post a Comment