Thursday, December 20, 2018

And They Call It Puppy Love...

Hey everyone!  This is Julissa from Paper Gems by Jules back to share this paw-some card using Penny Black's "All Fours" cling stamp.  Anyone that knows me, knows that I'm a HUGE dog lover.  I have two rescues that have brought so much love to our home.  Meet Oakley and Sandy!


Back to crafting... I started by stamping the image on Bristol smooth paper.  I then used both Copics and Spectrum Noirs to color in the images.  Once done coloring, I fussy cut the image out, leaving the bottom a straight cut so it would be flush with the background paper.  I then added silver glitter stickles on the buttons of this fabulous dogwalker's shirt and let that dry.


I then moved onto the background.  I used Barn Door and Festive Berries distress inks to color the background.  Then to add a little shadowing, I used Black Soot only on the edges.  With a little splash of water, I added a little texture to the background.  Then I stamped the sentiment "True Love Walks on all Fours."  Don't you just love that!?!


Because this image is rather large, I used a larger card base of 5" x 6.5".  I added a fun polkadot paper at 4.5" x 6".  The distressed layer is 4" x 5.5".  Once those two layers are adhered to the card base, I used 3D Adhesive Squares behind the image and lined it up to the bottom of the top layer.  


Now to add some final touches, I used some Wink of Stella to add a little glimmer to the dog tag and each dog's nose.  I love how this all came together. Although, I can't imagine walking my dogs in heels, this chick surely makes it look so fabulous.


Thanks for joining me on my crafty dog walk.  I hope you found some inspiration.  
Until next time, Happy Crafting!

Penny Black - All Fours


No comments:

Post a Comment