Thursday, November 22, 2018

To My Soul Mutt

Happy Thanksgiving, everyone!  

This is Julissa, of Paper Gems by Jules.  I hope that you are all enjoying the holiday.  Today is about being thankful for all we have and giving to others.  Before we go into this delicate card using Whimsy Stamps, I'd like to ask all of you what you are most thankful for this holiday season.  This year, I am thankful for my health and the health of my family.  My brother was diagnosed a year ago with a cancerous tumor in his pancreas.  This year, after several surgeries and a few scares, he is cancer free and on the road to recovery.  We were lucky and we are all very thankful!  So, take a minute and comment below on what you are most thankful for this holiday season.

Now, back to all the crafty doodling...

This week, I wanted to play with one of my favorite Whimsy Stamps, "Soul Mutts." This stamp set comes with two main images, several great sentiments and a few great add on stamps for your background.  This set is very versatile.  I wanted to make this a winter scene to compliment the recent snow storm in our area.


Using watercolor paper for the textured look, I stamped the image and sentiment with Smokey Grey VersaFine ink and embossed with clear embossing powder.  I then used copic markers to color the image.  You could also used watercolors to color the images.  Once the images were done, I stamped the same image onto masking paper and fussy cute it out.  I laid the masked pieces on the images and colored the background using distress inks and a foam blending tool.


Once the background colors were complete, I used a grey shade of copic marker and added shadows to the floor to ground the image on the card.  Now, this could have been fine as is, but in order to really make it a winter scene, we needed snow.  First, I removed the masking, and as much as it hurt, I had to flick white paint over the image to give it the look of snowfall all around them.  Once dry, I added foam tape to the back of the watercolor paper, adhered it to the green card stock and layered on to patterned paper and lastly, onto the card base.  

The next time you're looking to make a winter scene, don't hesitate to pick out one of your favorite stamp sets purchased at CraftyDoodleChick.com and add flicks of white paint to make it snow!

Thank you for joining me this week and I am truly thankful to have so many creative people in our group!  Happy Crafting!

Soul Mutts



2 comments:

  1. Jules, I am thankful for you and your talent! Great job! Happy thanksgiving 🍁

    ReplyDelete