Friday, November 9, 2018

So Thankful... Masked Watercoloring

Hello crafty friends!  It's Lisa here on this amazing Friday and I have a lovely watercoloring card to share with all of you.  While flowers are particularly in bloom around my parts I can't help but love to color them in throughout the year, and as I've said before Altenew has some of the most intricate and beautiful flower stamps available...


I knew from the beginning of my card that I wanted to do watercoloring, so I pulled out my beautiful Altenew Watercolor pan set and Altenew Waterbrush.  Since I wanted to do a wet on wet technique with my watercoloring I figured my panel would be getting pretty saturated.  An easy way to keep your colors from dripping and running together is to tape the side of the panel down to something.  I decided to use my taping as part of my panel by running washi tape along each side evenly, creating a masked frame.  The beautiful floral image is from the Needlework Motif Stamp Set, and was heat embossed in gold before any of the above steps were applied.  

Once my panel was painted and dry I carefully removed the masked edges, and stamped a sentiment up the right side with Versafine Ink.  I added gold foil matting behind it and finally adhered that to a piece of patterned paper.  As a finishing touch I adhered a few flatback crystals.  Thanks so much for hanging out with me today, and I hope I've inspired you to get those floral images out and shining throughout the year.



Happy Crafting!
Lisa

Supplies Used:

      
   

No comments:

Post a Comment