Tuesday, November 13, 2018

Berry Christmas

Hello everyone! Welcome to the Crafty Doodle Chick blog for a new tutorial!

I have a nontraditional Christmas card to share with you today, feauturing Lawn Fawn products.


The Sweet Friends stamp set is so fun to color! It has been on my wishlist ever since it was released, too. The images are so adorable. The best thing about this set, however, is that you can give them personality! You can add different faces to all of the sweets, as well as arms and legs. I highly recommend getting the coordinating dies for this stamp set. They will cut out the arms and legs for your characters perfectly! 


I started out by choosing the pattern paper I wanted to use. I chose a very soft color palette, including pinks, blues and greens. All of my images were stamped on Bristol Smooth cardstock and colored with Tombow markers. You may not be able to tell, but I used a Wink of Stella shimmer pen to blend out the colors. 

I stamped the strawberries several times, as well as a candy cane from a different Lawn Fawn stamp set. The Holiday Helpers and the Thanks a Latte stamp sets include candy canes that you could use. Once the coloring was dry, I used the coordinating dies to cut out the images. 


The scalloped rectangle I used is from the Honey Bee A2 Card Frames die set (A7 size available in the store). However, Lawn Fawn has a die set that is very similar - the Reverse Stitched Scalloped Rectangle Windows. It will create a beautiful stitched scalloped edge on the inside of the rectangle.

I gave my characters a ground to stand on with the Knock on Wood pattern paper from Lawn Fawn. The sentiment strips were white heat embossed and then colored using Tombow markers. I had to do a little masking to create my Christmas sentiment. The "have a" and "merry christmas" parts of the sentiment come from a different stamp set. The "berry" is from Sweet Friends.

I assembled the card using both liquid glue and foam tape. For the inside of my card I did add an extra little froyo!


That is it for today. I hope my card inspires you to create nontraditional holiday cards!

See you next time,






No comments:

Post a Comment