Tuesday, November 27, 2018

One Chameleon in the Snow

Hi friends, Milene here! Welcome to the CDC blog! :)

I have been having so much fun creating nontraditional Christmas cards with Lawn Fawn
(Type my name in the search bar to see my previous nontraditional Christmas card!).


Today I am sharing a Shadow Box card featuring a chameleon in the snow, from the One In a Chameleon stamp set. In a way, I feel very much like this little chameleon! Being from Brazil, I have always experienced the holidays during summer time. The snow is still somewhat new to me - although I have lived in Indiana for a few years now. This little guy and I both love the idea of snow for the holidays!

If you have never created a Shadow Box card before, it is very simple. You will need to run the main die through your machine twice. Heavy weight cardstock works best, to assure a stable box. The die set includes two tabs that you may choose from. They make it quick and easy to add a ground to your scene. You may add as many of those as you would like. I added three white hills to this card.


I also used the branch dies included in the same die set. I die cut those using the Lawn Fawn Knock On Wood paper pack. I then decorated the inside of my box, as well as the two sides, using Doodlebug pattern papers. The die set includes rectangles that are perfectly sized to decorate your box.

The banner with flags come from the Lawn Fawn Scalloped Box Card Pop-Up die set. The sentiment banner, however, comes from the Lawn Fawn Mini Pop-Up Box die set. The words "Merry Christmas" were taken from another Lawn Fawn stamp set. I love being able to mix and match stamps and dies!


Coloring the chameleon image was very quick! I stamped him on Bristol Smooth cardstock using Versafine ink. I then picked out a few green Tombow markers, and blended the colors out using a Wink of Stella pen. I also stamped and colored a few candy canes from a different Lawn Fawn set, for a Christmasy touch.

I suggest adding the tabs and hills prior to assembling the box. I did not, and so it took me some time to get it all lined up. However, once everything was assembled, I was just about done!

I added some Nuvo Glitter Accents in Fresh Snowfall to my scene. Use whatever you have in your stash to add some sparkle!


That is all for me today. I hope you all have a great week!

See you next time,







1 comment:

  1. I ... LOVE ... THIS! So cute and a great holiday spin on an every day stamp set.

    ReplyDelete