Thursday, November 15, 2018

Monster Fun Birthday Card!

Happy Thursday, everyone!  It's Julissa, from Paper Gems by Jules, back to share another fun interactive card using My Favorite Things "Monster Sized" stamp set!  It's so fun, you'll SCREAM!


The materials used to make this card were:


First, I cut a Bristol smooth white sheet to 5" x 3.75".  I stamped the middle monster first onto my card layer.  I then created a mask of that image.  Second, I stamped the two additional monsters on the left and the right of the first image.  I also created masks for those characters as well.  Once all the masks were put on the three images, I colored in the back ground.  To add a little more dimension, I used Altenew's "Warp Speed" stencil with a darker distress ink.  From there, I removed the masks and colored in the images.  


On another piece of bristol smooth paper, I stamped the fourth monster, colored it and fussy cut it out.  Then I went back the the card layer and used Lawn Fawns slider die, to create a channel for the monster to glide through.  Using a round foam adhesive, I centered the forth monster through the channel and added the foam dot.  I then placed a round acetate shape to the other side of the adhesive.  This allows the image to glide back and forth through the channel without falling out.  

(Music Credit: "The Walker" by Fitz and the Tantrums)

In order to adhere this layer onto the card base while allowing the sliding mechanism to work, I used Scrapbook Adhesive 3D 1/2" Foam Squares to pop up the layer onto the card.  From there I was able to tilt the image back and forth having the monster celebrate the recipient' birthday with cartwheels!  Check out the video above to see him go!


This monstrous card is sure to make someone's birthday super special!

Thank you so much for following along.  I hope you enjoyed my card and if you have any questions, feel free to comment below.  Until next time, Happy Crafting!



No comments:

Post a Comment