Tuesday, November 20, 2018

Howly-Jolly Christmas

Hi friends, Milene here!

Is everyone ready for Thanksgiving? I have skipped fall cards to jump right into Christmas cards this year! Today I am featuring the Christmas Puppies stamp set, from Gerda Steiner Designs


I have some tall, craft envelopes in my stash, so today I decided to go for that look! My card design today was inspired by Kristina Werner.


I started out by stamping the four dog images on regular white cardstock. I used a very light ink, as I wanted to do no-line coloring. I used Prismacolor pencils to color all of the images. I typically choose to go for a cleaner card design when I spend a lot of time coloring. This time around, I decided to create windows for the dogs to be picking out of.

I used a regular circle die, but Sunny Studio Stamps has an awesome Window Trio Circle die that makes things easier!


I dry embossed the same white cardstock using a 3D snowflake embossing folder - for the background of my images. I chose my favorite three images for the card front, and adhered them to my card using foam tape. The last image was added to the inside of my card, along with a scrap of the embossed paper I created. 

The sentiment was stamped on the bottom corner, using Distress Oxide Ink in Peeled Paint. My card was embellished using Stickles and Glossy Accents. I added Stickles in gold to the dog images, and clear to the hats and snowflakes on the background. Glossy Accents was added to their eyes and noses for a finishing touch.


Thank you so much for stopping by! Join our Chat & Create group to see more inspiration using this stamp set and more!


Wishing you all a happy Thanksgiving,



No comments:

Post a Comment