Friday, August 31, 2018

Watercoloring with new Altenew

Hello, hello!  It's Lisa here with another Friday card!  Today I have the pleasure of sharing a watercolor card featuring the new Altenew Stamp Set: Needlework Motif.  I LOVE the large detailed floral images in this set!  Plus I colored it all in with the new Altenew Watercolors Set, eeeekkk!!!! Now, I know the watercolors are currently sold out in the store, but you can sign your name and email address up to receive a notice for when they are back in stock, yay!!!

Let's venture onto todays card...


To create this card I started by stamping and embossing the beautiful floral flourish off of one edge of the card with glitter embossing powder.  Next, I went in with various watercolors from the set, using a wet on wet technique.  I made sure not to muddy my colors up by letting each color dry  before I added another color next to each other.    While my panel was drying I stamped and embossed my sentiment onto vellum.  Once all of the colors were set I adhered it all onto some gold cardstock and finally onto my cardbase.  I added some sequins as a final touch.


I'm still trying to figure out the pigment ratio with these watercolors, so my shading is not quite what I'd like, but I do like how bold the colors are and I know that with practice it can only improve.  Thanks so much for stopping by today and I hope you get a chance to check out all of the new Altenew goodies that have just landed in the store!
Happy Crafting!
Lisa

   

No comments:

Post a Comment