Friday, August 24, 2018

Making a Background

Hi!  It's Lisa here today, and I'm sharing a card that highlights my diy background.  I don't know about you, but I love a detailed background.  With a mix of Studio Katia, Altenew, and Gina K.  this card create...


I started by taking a panel of Bristol Cardstock and going over it with the Altenew Sketched Lines Stencil with a light ink.  Next, I stamped the Studio Katia Mandala Flower with Versafine Ink repeatedly over the panel.  I used various Daniel Smith Watercolors (thank you Jennifer!!!) to paint the images in, and then I set it to the side to dry.  While it was drying I stamped a sentiment from the Gina K. Scripty Sayings Set onto a strip of cardstock before I finally layered it all onto my cardbase.


Thanks so much for stopping by today and I hope you take a look at your sets and see what backgrounds you can create as well!
Happy Crafting!
Lisa

Supplies Used:
       

1 comment:

  1. I adore this beautiful card Lisa! Such gorgeous color and texture!

    ReplyDelete