Friday, August 3, 2018

Layered Stencil Front and Center

Hello crafty friends!  It is Friday and everyone loves Fridays, so I'm here to share another one of my loves with all of you... Altenew stencils!  I love Altenew in general, but I have recently enjoyed playing with stencils again and Altenew has a wide range of them.  Today's particular project uses the Layered Dahlia Stencil Set, something new to me and I LOVE how it works. ( I feel like I'm using that love word a lot! lol )


And this card came together quickly thanks to this beautiful stencil set.  I started with a 5 1/2 x 5 1/2" panel and adhered stencil A right in the center making sure to cover all of the edges with washi tape.  This not only ensured me that my stencil would stay down but it also helped me create the white border.  Next, I went over stencil B with more distress oxide ink, added a few splashes of water and set it to the side. 

My sentiment comes from the Altenew Crafty Life Stamp Set. ( Currently sold out, but you can add your name to the waitlist! :) )  I chose to heat emboss it in gold as I like the color combination with blues.  I adhered it to my stenciled panel with a few pieces of foam adhesive, and that's my card!  Simple, easy, and still beautiful!


Happy Crafting!
Lisa

Supplies Used:

   

1 comment:

  1. Lisa, this card is just gorgeous!!! Love the layers of beautiful blues against the crisp white background!

    ReplyDelete