Wednesday, April 25, 2018

Swinging By

Hi! Kerys here from Scrappinnhappy with my weekly post on the blog!

One of my favorite stamp companies in the Crafty Doodle Chick store is My Favorite Things. I love all of their stamps, dies and stencils, and the recent release is no exception.
I used MFT's Pure Innocence 'Birthday Piñata' stamp set for this card, along with the current MFT color combination challenge for inspiration.

I stamped the Birthday Piñata image onto some plain white cardstock, and also some yellow dotted paper from MFT's Party Patterns paper pack. I colored the image using my prismacolor pencils, and then paper pieced the dress and bandana. I did the same thing for the piñata image - paper piecing the pink dotted paper. The candy was stamped and colored with my prismacolor pencils.
These were all fussy cut out.

I decided to make this into a shaker card. The window was cut from the white cardstock using MFT's Rectangle Peek-a-Boo Window die, I used a matching rectangle shaker pouch, sequins from my stash, and then backed with paper from MFT's Party Patterns paper pack.

The branch for hanging the piñata was cut using MFT's solid birch tree die in lemon chiffon cardstock, adding some pink baker's twine to 'hang' the piñata.  I added a pink dotted border along the bottom, cut using MFT's Stitched Scallop Basic Edges die.

I then stamped the sentiment from the Birthday Piñata stamp set using MFT Extreme black ink.

You'll find these products in the Crafty Doodle Chick store:

 

 Extreme Black Hybrid Ink Cube

Thanks for looking.
Happy Crafting!

No comments:

Post a Comment