Friday, April 20, 2018

Split that Stencil!

Hello wonderful crafty friends!  It is Lisa here today and I'm going to let you in on a little crafty secret.... it's ok to cut up your craft supplies... like that sentiment that is a little too long for your project, just snip it where you need to with scissors.  Or how about those really large, and beautiful stencils that you can find from many companies?  Well don't actually cut your stencils, but you can stencil it onto something with various mediums and cut those however you want!  And today I'm going bold and doing just that...


This stencil (Leaf Burst by Altenew) had my heart as soon as I saw it, so I couldn't wait to get it in my hands.  Once I had it I knew that it was begging for me to make it shine with some of my Nuvo Glimmer paste, and shine it did.  But then I kept looking at my 6 x 6 square and I realized I really didn't want to create a card this large, nor did I want to cover any of it up.  While I was thinking about what to do with my newly embossed panel I decided to add a few splashes of silver spray mist.  As I turned the panel at different angles I noticed that this design is asymmetrical!  I could just cut it down the middle!  And so I did...


And viola!  I now have a matching his and her Birthday card set! To give the identical panels their appeal I went with dark masculine colors for my guy card, and bright rainbow colors for a more feminine appereance.  And I love them both!  My sentiments were heat embossed from the My Favorite Things Anything but Basic Birthday Wishes.  The patterned papers were from the My Favorite Things Black and White Stripes Paper Pad and the Lawn Fawn Really Rainbow Petite Paper Pack.




Thanks so much for stopping by today!  Don't forget there is still time to join our newest challenge!
Happy Crafting!

Lisa

Supplies Used:
      
    

No comments:

Post a Comment