Saturday, April 21, 2018

Hey!

HEY, everyone! I'm not sure about you all but I think spring has finally arrived here in northern Minnesota. So for today's post I thought I would make a brighter and more colorful card than usual! Check it out-



I started with the background, which may look more complicated than it really is. All it took was a piece of regular computer paper and Distress Inks. I started on the far left with only part of the mask on the panel and blended on the first color. Then I moved the mask over and inked on another color. I continued this until the whole panel was full of ink. Some water droplets and spritzes added some texture and broke up the color nicely.

Next, the sentiment. I'm not sure if I've mentioned this here before, but the Hey die from Heffy Doodle cuts SOOOOO well. I cut three of them and layered them together and popped up the Hey with foam spares. Then I heat embossed a sub-sentiment and adhered it over the Hey.

Thanks for stopping by today! Have a great rest of your weekend!

No comments:

Post a Comment