Friday, March 9, 2018

Watercolor Stress Relief

Hi! It's Lisa back today, and this time I'm sharing a small way that I unwind during a busy week.  Right now I'm planning my daughter's 7th Birthday Tea Party, and while there are only 7 girls coming (totally coincidental), there is so much work to go into hosting a party at home.  Needless to say I've been super busy and stressed, and a favorite way for me to just chill out for a bit is to water color.  Altenew stamps are usually a go to for me when I'm wanting to water color as they have so many dreamy floral images just begging me to color in...


The set I've used is the Persian Motifs, this is probably my top floral stamp set because of the details and unique designs.  And I figured while I was using my favorite set I might as well use my favorite color: blue!  I started by heat embossing my images on a piece of Bristol Cardstock, and then I used a mix of Zig Color Clean Real Brush markers to color everything including my background.  Once the panel dried I adhered it with foam adhesive to a sheet of patterned striped paper from the My Favorite Things Black and White Stripes Paper Pad.  Finally, I heat embossed a sentiment in white.


So what crafty things do you like to do to help you destress?  I would love to hear about it in the comments below!  Thanks so much for stopping by and visiting today.  Don't forget to see the new goodies that are always popping into the store!

Happy Crafting!
Lisa

Supplies Used:

       

2 comments:

  1. Such a stunning card Lisa! Love the colors!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you so much Celeste! I'm so glad you were able to stop by and check it out!!!

      Delete