Monday, February 26, 2018

Birthday Wishes

Hello Crafty Doodle Chick Friends!!

Kendra here from Luv 2 Scrap N' Make Cards to share a cute card with you!!

I used the fun Birthday Balloon stamp set by Sunny Studio Stamps!!  Along with it's coordinating Birthday Balloon Die!!

I started by creating my main card base, blueish cardstock layer and then a white cardstock layer slightly smaller.  I used my circle dies to die cut a circle from the white layer.  At first I was going to make a shaker card with the balloons, but then another idea came in to mind!!

I stamped the 'birthday' and 'wishes' sentiment in black ink near the bottom of the white layer.  I then stamped the little swirly images in the stamp set in different colors to look like confetti falling!!   I really like how it looks!! 
I then had some fun stamping the balloons!  I used one color for each balloon, I let each layer dry before adding the next layer.  I decided to use more masculine colors as I never really have masculine Birthday cards on hand.  You could also use different shades of ink color to create the balloons if you'd like!

I then die cut each of the balloons out and started arranging them the way I would like.  I placed a piece of  pattern paper behind in the die cut opening and gently marked where my balloons would be.  So that I could stamp the balloon strings!!  Once they were stamped I adhered the pattern paper behind the opening of my confetti stamped layer.  I then adhere the layers to my blueish cardstock layer!


I then once again arrangement my balloons!  The front two I placed using pop-dots behind to add some dimension!!
I finished off the card by adding some sequins!!

Love it!  Such a fun birthday card!!

Be sure to check out all the lovely products the Crafty Doodle Chick shop carries!!

And be sure to check back for more inspiring projects by the DT!! 

Have a lovely day!



----------

Products Used:

Birthday Balloon - Sunny Studio Stamps     Birthday Balloon DIE  - Sunny Studio Stamps

No comments:

Post a Comment