Thursday, January 18, 2018

MFT LOVE: You Are My Happy Place

Hello, everyone! It's Siqi here today back with another Love theme card which I used my all time favorite technique-ink smooshing. 

Besides reds and pinks, I think there are other colors that are good for Valentine's Day too or just any occasion when you want to tell someone that you love him/her. So today I chose a blue & teal color scheme with a little bit of yellow to it to make this Love card more gender neutral.



I first used several different distress inks, to put some color down on a sleek surface with different colors randomly. Then sprayed the inked surface with a water mister till there is decent size of water drops formed. And then grabbed a piece of watercolor paper(you can also use bristol paper here.) to press the top surface in to the "ink pool". Let it completely dry. Then splattered on some clear water with a round watercolor brush, let the water drops sit on the panel for about 30 seconds. Then I used a paper towel to dab away the water. This will create a bleached effect.

I recently just got my first happy mail order from Crafty Doodle Chick and when I saw that My Favorite Things Full Of Heart die panel, I knew I have to get it. So I decided to die cut it with some cheapie cardstock to use as a stencil. By the way, there is a stencil with the same pattern that you can use which will cover a larger surface and to be used many many times. I then mixed a little bit of translucent embossing paste with some Squeezed Lemonade distress ink to add a little yellow tint to it. I stenciled on my custom made embossing paste over the stencil that I created with My Favorite Things Full Of Heart die panel using a palette knife on top of my dried ink-smooshed panel.



The rest of this card is really simple. I die cut the My Favorite Things Huge Love word die with some white cardstock 4 times. Adhered them all together and sprayed the top with some spray adhesive. Then dip each letter into my Prisma glitter to add some sparkle and shine on the word.I also white heat embossed a sub-sentiment "You Are My Happy Place" on a thin strip of black cardstock. Adhered them on my card and added some aqua and clear sequins to finish it off.

You can of course change the sentiment to fit any occasions as needed, as also the color scheme. I'm actually thinking about do the ink-smooshing with reds and the sentiment in green to be one of my Christmas card this year. Is it too early to think about Christmas card designs? Lol.

Hope you enjoy today's Love card with the blue & teal colors. Below I have all the main products I used listed. You can find them at Crafty Doodle Chick online store. And don't forget to subscribe to the newsletters to receive promotions, sales, pre-orders, etc.

Thank you for joining me today. I will see you again soon!

My Favorite Things Die-namics Full Of Heart

My Favorite Things Die-namics Love You

My Favorite Things From the Heart


2 comments: