Sunday, December 16, 2018

Coffeesaurus & Friends


Hi everyone, happy Sunday!
This is Milene here today. Welcome to the CDC blog!

Are you a coffee drinker? Or maybe you have a friend that loves coffee?! Either way, you need this cute little Coffeesaurus stamp set in your life! I simply adore the images by Gerda Steiner Design's used on today’s card.

 

I really love one-layer cards. I am also a fan of combining masked images with a beautiful stencil, and that is what I did here. I started out by combining Gerda Steiner Design's stamps sets that I had in my stash. CoffeesaurusHedgehog with Coffee and Harvest Mouse. Have fun combining the sets you have in your stash!

When masking for a one-layer card, be sure to stamp “forward to backwards” – meaning you will want to stamp what is on the foreground first. In this case, I first stamped my dinosaur. I then masked him and stamped his friends on each side. I did fussy cut masks for every critter, as I wanted to ink blend the background. After placing the masks in place, I lighted ink blended my background using Evergreen Bough Distress Ink. I then applied the Newton's Nook Starfield stencil to the background using a heavier hand.


Once the background was done, I moved on to the cute critters. I hand drew a scarf around the mouse’s neck with a black Sharpie. I am not very good at hand drawing so, if I can do it, so can you! I colored my images using Tombow markers and a Wink of Stella shimmer pen. I finished it off by stamping my sentiment in Versafine ink and Wilted Violet Distress Oxide ink.


I am off to grab a cup of coffee. See you next time!







2 comments:

  1. super cute mix of products! I'm going to feature your project in the Coffee Loving Papercrafters FB page!

    ReplyDelete
  2. These little critters look so cute together. They totally look like they would hang together. Adorbs!

    ReplyDelete