Thursday, November 29, 2018

You Make Me Smile

Hey there, Crafty Doodle Chick Fans!  It's Julissa from Paper Gems by Jules on the blog today sharing an eclipse card.  Now, if you haven't done one before, they can take any one-layer scene and give it life!  Follow along to see how.

When I thought of this card, I knew I wanted a little texture so I used watercolor paper and blended Distress Inks to make the night sky and meadow.  Because it was watercolor paper, the colors did not cover the paper completely, leaving a the remanence of its original color, white.  To add the idea of stars, I first splashed some water and picked it up with a paper towel, lifting the color from the paper.  Then I flicked Distress Spray Stain in Picket Fence white.  The variating size and colors of the "stars" gave it a more realistic look.
The next step was to color the adorable character in this Dreamerland Crafts stamp "Field of Dreams."  This young man and his pups are jus so sweet.  For this image I opted to stamp it on Bristol smooth paper and use my copics to color him.  Once colored, I fussy cut him out.
The third step is where the eclipse happens.  I used a My Favorite Things "Smile" die-namics to die cut the word "SMILE" from the background image.  Before running it through my Big Shot, I used my t-ruler to line up the die on the paper and laid the little boy image to make sure the word "SMILE" would be clearly seen.
There are two ways to make an eclipse card.  You can use small pieces of foam tape to raise the letters.  However, I opted to die cut another three layers of the word "SMILE" and layer them under the originally cut letters.  This keeps the letters all balanced and looks a little neater.
Once all the letters are adhered, I put the rest of the card together.  Using My Favorite Things "From the Heart" sentiment stamp set to add the words "You Make Me" on a simple white strip of bristol smooth paper on the upper left corner.  By placing the little boy and his dogs on the lower right corner using Scrapbook Adhesive 3D Foam Squares, this gives the card balance.


Thank you for joining me this week!  I hope you enjoyed this technique and please give it a try and share on the Crafty Doodle Chick Chat & Create Facebook Page.

Until next time... Happy Crafting!



No comments:

Post a Comment