Tuesday, November 6, 2018

Holiday Stockings

Hi friends, Milene here!

Welcome to the Crafty Doodle Chick blog for another card tutorial :)


I have to say that I'm obssessed with the stamp set used today. It is the Holiday Stockings, from Newton's Nook Designs. The images on this set are so versatile and quick to color! I stamped them out about 25 times and used alcohol markers to add color. I did not do any kind of shading, whatsover, since the images are so small. I colored and fussy cut them all by hand.


I wanted the top of my stocking to appear fluffy as they do in real life. To create that affect, I used a white puff embossing powder. I initially stamped them all using a light gray ink, then added glossy accents and the embossing powder. You want to have your heat gun in a 90 degree angle above the paper. That way the "bubbles" and texture will rise evenly. I once again fussy cut the images out by hand.


I used the Gingham Background stamp on both cards that I'm sharing today. I really love how it looks on navy cardstock! I kept the cards really simple, using a circle focal point on both. The white background was dry embossed with a snowflake embossing folder. I had some natural quilting thread in my stash. That's what I used to hang the stockings on both cards.


I still have so many stockings left that I will definitely be creating more cards! Be sure to join the Crafty Doodle Chick Chat & Create group to see those cards in the future!


Thanks for stopping by and I'll see you next time,





No comments:

Post a Comment