Friday, July 27, 2018

When In Paris...

Hello!  It's Lisa here with you on this amazing Friday!  And I have some fun, rainy day watercoloring to share with you that features the stamp set In Paris by Penny Black.  Currently this specific set is sold out at the moment, but never fear the technique I've used on this set is perfect for many of the other Penny Black watercolor sets just like it.  For example the Garden Gems set or the Ravishing stamp set.  And if you really must have the In Paris set then you can add your name to the notification list and you'll receive an email when it is back in stock!

Now onto my project...




To achieve the hand watercolored look I started by stamping the image a few times with Distress Ink: Weathered Wood onto Arches Hot Press Watercolor Cardstock.  I then used other Distress Inks smooshed onto my glass mat and picked up using my water brush. Make sure you let each area dry before painting a section next to it or else you'll end up with a muddy smooshed looking image.  When everything was dry I added a few flicks of a darker blue ink for a more artsy feel, and for an imitation of raindrops.  Finally, I stamped my sentiment from the Altenew Stamp Set Be Strong.

What I love about this technique is that the Weathered Wood Distress Ink gave me distinct lines to follow, and took all of the guess work out of my painting. I also didn't get super creative in my color choices as I more or less looked at the cover of the stamp set for my inspiration.



Thanks so much for stopping by today and Happy Crafting!
Lisa


Supplies Used:

  

2 comments: