Friday, July 13, 2018

Fantastic Frame Fun on Friday

Hello!  Today is Friday the 13th and so I decided to make things something a little funky and fun to share with all of you today.


So often I get bogged down with trying to make things straight and perfectly spaced, but today I threw it all to the wind and decided to go wonky with some diecut frames.  The stamps I used are from one of my favorite sentiment sets appropriately titled Sentiments and Quotes by Altenew.

To create my card I started by stamping various stars onto a panel of cardstock with Versafine Ink.  Next I added color with several different spray mist colors and set it to the side to dry.  I then stamped my sentiment circle onto a different piece of scrap cardstock and cut it out.  Once the misted panel was completely dry I went about die cutting several wonky frames and layering them with various foam adhesive heights onto a black and white pinstriped patterned piece of paper.  This patterned paper is from a slightly older MFT stack, but there is a fun black and white paper pad by Catherine Pooler called Black Tie Gala that would work just as well.  Finally, I added some gold string behind my cut sentiment and propped this up with more foam tape.


I hope I've inspired you to put your straight lines on hold for the day and try something a little different and fun!
Thanks so much for stopping by and Happy Crafting!
Lisa

Supplies Used:
  

No comments:

Post a Comment