Tuesday, June 19, 2018

Pivot Rainbow Painters

Hi friends! Milene here with my third project as a guest designer for Crafty Doodle Chick! :) 

 I have a really fun card to share with you today. Seriously, the Lawn Fawn Pivot Pop-Up die is FUN! I have a mix and match of products going on here, so let's jump right to the tutorial!


I started out by stamping and heat embossing some images from the Neat and Tangled Paint Night set. I chose the two larger images in the set (both of the little girls), and also stamped the canvas image five times. I used Versafine ink and clear embossing powder to accentuate the lines. I added the individual scene stamp to the canvas that the little girl was holding. As this panel would be on my card front, I also heat embossed the sentiment below the girl.


Distress inks are great for both ink blending and watercoloring, so I chose to use them today. I watercolored most of my images using the inks, but I did also use my watercolor palette, as I didn't have good neutrals in my Distress collection. The same colors of ink were used to ink blend a rainbow on the edges of a piece of Bristol Smooth cardstock. I only wanted the two sides to show, so I didn't bother ink blending the full panel. My card front was kept really simple, as the fun would be  in the inside of the card!


For the inside, I used a combination of Lawn Fawn paper packs. The top and bottom pieces are from the Lawn Fawn Really Rainbow Petite paper pack. I also added a rectangle of white regular cardstock to the bottom so that I could write my message clearly. The yellow paper with tiny hearts, however, is from the Lawn Fawn Let's Polka In The Meadow paper pack.  When using pattern paper with the Pivot die, you want to make sure that your patterns align. Therefore, you should rotate your die 180 degrees before running it through your machine for the second time. 

I don't have pictures of the step by step process of assembling the die, but it is much easier than it seems. I would recommend that you watch Lawn Fawn's tutorials to see how it all comes together. This was my first time using the die and it was very simple. If you have any questions, however, please leave them in the comments below!


When all of my pieces were die cut and my images were colored, it was just a matter of assembling my card. All of my images were cut out using the Brother Scan n Cut machine. When it comes to the assembly, be sure to use very strong tape here, as your project will be very manipulated. My other tip would be to use a lighter weight paper for the mechanism inside the card. I first used 110lb cardstock, but that was very difficult to fold. For my second attempt I used 65lb cardstock, and that worked out really well.


I hope you have enjoyed this tutorial and that my colorful card will brighten your day!
I'll see you next week for my final guest designing project! 


2 comments: